Advanced Lua Training Course
This is an advanced course on Lua, where basic knowledge of the programming language is already assumed. Therefore this course gives the participant a more profound understanding of Lua internals and the "why" behind the used Lua idioms.
These advanced topics are demonstrated by plenty of examples and in-class exercises.
- Tables for queues and stacks
- Tables describing graphs
- Matrices as tables
- Linked lists as tables
- String buffers
Metatables through examples
- Dynamic programming with memoization
- The Fibonacci example
- Relationship between global variables and environments
- Free variables
_ENVtable and the
More about modules
- Different approaches to creating modules
- Modules that change the behavior
- Module initialization and arguments
- Using environments to implement safe modules
Advanced iterators and co-routines
- Producer, consumer, filter
- Wrapping co-routines to get iterators
- Stateless iterator for linked lists
Contributing to the Ecosystem
- Uploading packages to MoonRocks
Functional paradigm in Lua
reduce / foldfunction
- Different approaches to OOP
- Different approaches to inheritance
A walkthrough of the Lua Standard Libraries
Public ClassroomParticipants from multiple organisations. Topics usually cannot be customised
Private ClassroomParticipants are from one organisation only. No external participants are allowed. Usually customised to a specific group, course topics are agreed between the client and the trainer.
Private RemoteThe instructor and the participants are in two different physical locations and communicate via the Internet
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Remote|
Where would you like to take it?
When are you looking to take it?
|Location||Date||Course Price [Remote/Classroom]|
Too expensive? Suggest your price