This course is delivered in English.
About this Course
Windows Azure is required or used as part of the lab for this course, which may not be available in all countries. Please check with your Microsoft training provider that this cloud service is available in your area. Training Providers please reference the course setup guide for more details.
Module 1: Windows Store App Essentials
- Review Windows Store App Essentials
- Review Windows Store App Essentials – Under the Hood
Describe the Windows 8.1 platform, architecture, and features.
Outline the process of creating user interfaces with HTML.
Explain the new WinRT API model.
Describe the basics of working with files, implementing contracts, showing notifications, and deploying your app to the Windows Store.
Module 2: Implementing Animations and Transitions
- The built-in WinJS.UI.Animation namespace
- CSS3 @keyframes
- CSS3 transitions and transformations
- Implementing Animations
- Working with Transitions and Transformations
Lab : Implementing Animations, Transitions, and Transformations
- Creating Animations in a Windows Store App
- Creating Transitions and Transformations in a Windows StoreApp
Implement animations by using theWinJS.UI.Animationnamespace and CSS3@keyframes.
- Implement animations by using transitions and transformations.
Module 3: Implementing Globalization and Localization
- Working with Resource File
- Implementing Culture-Specific Formatting
Lab : Implementing Globalization and Localization
- Create and Consume the Resource Files
- Apply Culture-Specific Formatting
Create and use resource files for localization.
- Implement culture-specific formatting.
Module 4: Implementing Branding and a Seamless UI for Windows Store Apps
- Introduction to Branding
- Customizing the Splash Screen
- Branding the UI of Your App
Lab : Branding and a Seamless UI
- Creating a Customized Splash Screen
- Branding a Windows Store App
Describe the purpose and functionality of branding.
Customize a splash screen for a Windows Store app.
- Brand a Windows Store app.
Module 5: Advanced Data Scenarios in a Windows Store App
- Implementing Storage Options for a Windows Store App
- Implementing Data Caching
- Advanced File Functionality
Lab : Caching Data
- Caching Data
Use file storage in a Windows Store app.
Explain what data caching is, and how to use it in a Windows Store app.
Implement advanced file functionality by setting up file extensions and associations and compressing files in an app.
Module 6: Creating Reusable Controls and Components
- Working with Custom Controls
- Creating and Using WinRT Components
Lab : Creating Reusable Controls and Components
- Create and Use a Custom Control
- Use a WinRT Component
Create and use custom controls.
- Use custom WinRT components.
Module 7: Implementing Advanced Contract Scenarios
- The Print contract enables interaction with printing devices.
- The Play To contract enables media sharing with other devices, such as television sets.
- Implementing the Print Contract
- The Play To Contract
- Integrating Contacts and Calendars
- Integrating speech synthesis
- Support PDF files and screenshots
Lab : Integrating the Print Contract Into the App
- Printing Content
- Integrating the Printing Functionality
- Adding PDF Support
Implement the Print contract.
Implement the Play To contract.
Display PDF documents in your app.
- Create snapshots of your app.
Module 8: The Windows Push Notification Service
- Introduction to the Push Notification Service
- Communicating with the WNS
Lab : The Windows Push Notification Service
- Manage a Windows Notification Service Channel
Explain how Windows Push Notifications work.
- Use Windows Push Notifications in a Windows Store app.
Module 9: Capturing Media
- Using CameraCaptureUI to Capture Pictures, Video and Audio
- Using MediaCapture to Capture Pictures, Video, or Audio
Lab : Capturing Media
- Capturing Video by Using the CameraCaptureUI API
- Capturing an Image by Using the MediaCapture API
Use theCameraCaptureUIAPI to capture pictures, videos and audio.
- Use theMediaCaptureAPI to capture pictures, videos and audio.
Module 10: Background Tasks
- Creating Background Tasks
- Using Background Tasks in a Windows Store App
Lab : Background Tasks
- Transfer Files in the Background
- Create and Consume a Background Task
Create background tasks for your Windows Store app.
- Use background tasks in your Windows Store app.
Module 11: Working with Sensors and Devices
- Working with Sensors
- Working with Devices
Lab : Working with Sensors and Devices
- Using the SimpleOrientationSensor
- Using Location Services
Discover and access sensors and act upon sensor data from a Windows Store app.
- Discover and interact with devices from a Windows Store app.
Module 12: Generating Revenue with Your App
- Implementing Trial Functionality in a Windows Store App
- Implementing In-App Purchases
- Advertising in a Windows Store App
Lab : Generating Revenue with your App
- Using the Windows.ApplicationModel.Store Namespace toSupport Trial App Conversion
- Implementing In-App Purchasing
Implement trial functionality in your Windows Store app.
Implement in-app purchases in your Windows Store app.
- Incorporate advertising in your Windows Store app.
Module 13: Securing Windows Store App Data
- Managing Windows Authentication
- Managing Web Authentication
- Encryption in a Windows Store App
Lab : Securing Windows Store App Data
- Using ACS Authentication
- Encrypting User Information
Manage Windows authentication.
Manage web authentication.
- Encrypt data.
Module 14: Tracing and Profiling Windows Store Apps
- Tracing and Profiling a Windows Store App
Lab : Tracing and Profiling Windows Store Apps
- Profile Performance
- Profile Memory Usage
Trace the run time flow of your Windows Store app.
- Diagnose CPU and memory performance problems in your Windows Store app.
The more delegates, the greater the savings per delegate. Table reflects price per delegate and is used for illustration purposes only, actual prices may differ.
|Number of Delegates||Public Classroom||Private Classroom||Private Remote|
|Location||Date||Base Classroom Price|
Too expensive? Suggest your price